March 10, 2015

Problogger comes to Sydney

Today I headed into town to attend the Sydney ProBlogger session, my first ever!
It worked out well actually as I had to do an extra day at work last week and so managed to have today off without having to chip into my precious Annual Leave ( this girl needs a real holiday soon!)
I didn't really know what to expect but I have seen the #pbevent hashtags around my favourite social media sites and I know bloggers always have loads of fun at blogging events.
...always a good chance to network although I need to work on that....
I booked in for the Olympus photography workshop in the morning and that was a real eye opener as my own camera is an Olympus. I learnt SO much!
I can see less time editing photos in the future - my camera has SO many cool features I didn't know anything about!
I also got to meet Emily (gorgeous Instagram feed) whom I've known online for a while now and another familiar blogger/crafter, Angie of GnomeAngel.
Its always a highlight to meet bloggers after chatting and connecting online!
Darren  from ProBlogger talked about some of the issues facing bloggers, how to stand out in the crowd (millions of blogs out there!! eeep!!), how we can try to fill a gap in the blogging world, and see what you can offer that is different.
Lots to think about!
we also had 3 lovely bloggers chat about their blog journey.
JJ from 84thand3rd - a food blogger , food stylist and photographer and also
a recipe developer. JJ also hosts #EatFoodPhotos over on Intagram each month - totally up my alley!
Next was Suz from Paleo network and she was working as an Accountant in the corporate world but is now a full time blogger doing what she loves the most!
We also heard from Sharon Farrell, a makeup artist who is a beauty blogger on YouTube and her tip was when it comes to YouTube videos its ALL about the light...very important! YouTube bloggers are brave (in my eyes!!) haha I cant ever see me on YouTube!

The day went by real fast and I ended my day buying a new lipstick and enjoying an almond milk cappucino before heading back home to pick up Neo from school.

*image from my Instagram and #7Vignettes challenge - March15


2 comments:

  1. What a great, informative blog post! I should check out ProBlogger in the New York area. I'm sure they must have a presence. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria - ProBlogger is also online but maybe try BlogHer in NYC the link is here http://www.blogher.com/conferences i know they offer fun events!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...